What Is Pallet Wrap?
By definition, pallet wrap (also known as stretch wrap or stretch film) is a highly stretchable, strong plastic film that is wrapped around items to keep them tightly bound. It is most commonly used to wrap pallets with multiple or stacked items but can also be used to bundle small items together.
Pallet wrap should not be confused with shrink wrap, which looks very similar, but tightens when heat is applied.
Benefits Of Using Pallet Wrap
- Improved stability
- More efficient handling and storage
- Dust and moisture protection
- Netter tamper resistance
- Extend shelf life of certain products
- Improved inventory control
- Less expensive than strapping
Our Pallet Wrap Solutions
Carlton Packaging are designers and suppliers of pallet stretch-film systems. Our aim is to ensure your pallet wrapping operation is loads smarter through our innovative products and service solutions. We work with clients to audit and understand their processes, before suggesting and trialling smart solutions from our range of innovative film systems. The trials are carefully monitored, and film extensively tested in application, to establish efficiency savings before an ongoing solution is implemented.
The film testing is essential and our trained advisers work with our clients to establish increased load stability, efficiency and roll yield. Our goal is to increase process speed, decrease packaging waste and reduce operational costs through the most efficient wrapping systems.
Formulated using effective and technologically advanced blends and techniques for ultimate puncture resistance and roll yield we have films for every application, and many clients turn to us for bespoke solutions.
Our branded products offer consistent quality for total peace of mind:
- Megastretch™; high performance hand and machine stretch wrap. Excellent cling and high memory ensures high clarity and consistently stable loads. View Product
- Megastretch PLUS™; high strength hand stretch film incorporating film blend technology. With overall thickness reduced and strength enhanced this film is the first choice to reduce environmental impact. View Product
- e-stretch™; pre-stretched hand and machine applied wrap. This film is stretched in the manufacturing process and can increase load stability whilst dramatically reducing wastage, and ensuring maximum roll yield time after time. View Product
- sigmawrap®; our loads smarter power pre-stretch machine film, replacing conventional 17 – 30 mic films. Formulated from a unique blend of raw materials sigmawrap can offer an impressive increase in stretch capacity for real efficiency. With a 250-400% stretch capability , sigmawrap can deliver up to 60% increase in roll yield with increase load stability and puncture resistance. Formulations from 12mic means this new generation film offers excellent benefits in power stretch machine applications. Sigmawrap Brochure
Here's How A Typical Audit Might Look:
We can review your current pallet wrap process, offer you a better solution and show you how we've made your packaging process smarter, more efficient and cheaper.
|Review Of Current Pallet Wrap Process
Many grades and specifications of hand and machine stretch film are used in operations throughout Europe. Conventional co-extruded films have been industry standard for years. Our aim is to make sure that you have a more cost effective, efficient and stronger pallet wrap.
|We Monitor Your Process Speeds
Each operation has its own identity and each process has its own requirements – we identify these in a full stretch film review. Factors such as process speed, products being wrapped, load stability, temperature and security are considered to establish the most efficient wrap and application.
|We Recommend The Most Appropriate Stretch Film
Often this is from our range of technologically advanced blends such as sigmawrap; to increase process speed, reduce packaging waste and decrease operational costs. We work together to thoroughly test recommended products with weight, tension and stretch analysis.
|We Deploy A Permanent Solution
Our range of smart films are available from stock, and we may work together to supply a trial order for peace of mind. For some clients we design bespoke film blends and colours, which can be held in stock for immediate despatch.
|We Show You How Much You've Saved & Improved
Results of a pallet wrap trial when exchanging conventional PPS film:
- Stretch – From 170% to 300% = 76% increase
- Tension – From 15 to 30 = 100% increase
- Weight to wrap 1 pallet – 192 gms to 84 gms = 56% decrease
- Load stability – 8Kg to 12Kg = 50% increase
- Cost to wrap 1 pallet – £0.397 to £0.217 = 45% decrease
We hope you find this both helpful and informative. Our message is simple – for a loads smarter pallet wrap solution; contact us today!